image1 image2 image3

HELLO | I'M ROBERT JOHNSTONE | WELCOME TO MY AS LEVEL MEDIA STUDIES BLOG | I LOVE TO DO CREATIVE THINGS WITHIN MEDIA STUDIES | ENJOY EXPLORING MY BLOG

Finished Blog | Conclusion

Now that all of my coursework for AS Level Media Studies is now complete, I have now completed the first half of my Media Studies subject which is worth 50% of my overall grade in AS Media Studies. 


Since the beginning of September I have progressed significantly in my knowledge and understanding of digital media and the practical makings of films. Our Main Task has come out very successful with our target audience loving our 2 minute Opening Sequence. Alex and I have worked well as a team and we both managed to deliver excellent ideas for this film which we both teamed up for. We both enjoyed working together and we hope to continue this work ethic next year onto A2.

His skills in sound production have improved since September, however my skills in editing and special effects using editing software have noticeably changed over the last 8 months. I was a complete beginner to editing and Media Production in September and I had no real background in editing videos at all. At the beginning of the course I was also very unsure if I was taking the right course for AS, however I soon began to quickly to change my mind and progress my skills in Media Studies and editing as I became very fond of the subject once I had got the ball rolling. I have transferred my editing skills from Premiere Pro into Sony Vegas which is now an editing software I feel comfortable with. I have even started to use this software to make my very own YouTube videos on my channel as I grown an interest in editing. My skills in editing my Preliminary Task and Main Task have also transferred to allow me to use other editing programs such as Audacity, Photoshop, Blender, Unreal Engine, Unity and many more.


Overall Alex and I are both very happy with our individual progressions in Media Studies and media production which have allowed us to not only develop our skills for this subject but also transfer these into other hobbies or things we do in our spare time. I am very much looking forward to embarking on the A2 course for next year!  

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment